Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 72: Formerly known as...

And the artist formerly known as Prince...

Day 72:

Yesterday mom and dad were both in tears as they read a beautiful letter written to mom by one of her therapists calling mom "the patient of a lifetime". They are both so touched in fact you can't even let dad talk about it without him tearing up.

So now dad loving calls mom, "The patient of a lifetime, formerly known as Boise".

It's strange to write this but there is a sense of bitter-sweetness. Mom and dad couldn't be more excited to peel out of there but they are so deeply touched and connected with all of the medical team at Banner Good Samaritan. They both want to adopt all of them.




This quote above genuinely reflects how mom and dad feel about their therapists and team of doctors. By nature of their job, they will soon get another new patient and their loving family and life will go on. But to mom and dad, they will always be a part of the family and will always be remembered, appreciated and loved.

Doesn't it make you wonder the times in your life where you may have changed a life and didn't even know it...

5 comments:

  1. *** Hi Mom ***

    The therapists will get more patients and more families. But very few will be as motivated, kind, and caring as you are. I know that cause you are MY MOM.

    I am counting the days on my toes. Auntie Chris and Dude are helping me count. Happy-Dance practice again tonight.

    Lubs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Perhaps what you will appreciate best when you drive through TRR's gate is how serenely peaceful, quiet, and welcoming the air is. We embrace both of you as you start anew among those who care and love you guys - more than you know. Lots of sunshine, warm breezes and the power of love! Xoxoxo
    Cyndi and Harvey, Captain, Sadie and Mr. Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *** HI MOM ***
    ONE ONE ONE more day.
    I can count to one with one paw. So I practiced dancing.
    I put my left paw in and my left paw out.
    Left paw in and I wiggled all about

    It was so much fun that Dude played with me and we had a Silly-Bration cause only ONE more day.

    Lubs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude,maybe auntie chris will let you come over for a dance-a-thon.
    sunshine,peace and quiet and the power of trr love- a perfect recipe for healing. i can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *** Hi Auntie Boise ***

    Dis is Dude. I would love to come see you. I am really good at peace and quiet and sunshine. Teddy is better at doing the Hokey Pokey but he did teach me how to play. We are going to have another Silly-Bration tonight and then the REALLY BIG ONE tomorrow when you come home.

    Lubs, Da Dude

    ReplyDelete