Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 24: Exhaustion

MeeMee, Poppy and Izzy in Arizona, 2009
 
Day 24:

I talked with Dad and my Aunt Jo who said they are tired FOR mom. Monday thru Friday mom has a job, literally. She starts her day at 7am and ends about 4pm. Therapy, therapy and more therapy. Remember also that what takes you and I one ounce of effort takes her double if not triple so good for mom! 

Some highlights for today:
  • She's brushing her teeth on her own
  • Appetite has increased, a lot. Her confidence when it comes to eating and swallowing is increasing
  • She can sit up by herself for small periods of time
  • With the help of some specialized tools, she is able to move some parts of her left side
  • Dad said she's busy cracking jokes!
  • She ate all the sweet part to a maple bar donut...go figure!
Another incredible part of her day is when over 20+ cards were delivered to her. Cards from all of you who have taken time out of your day to send a special message to mom and enjoys each and every one. This weekend my aunt said that she will read each one over again so mom can take more time to see the card and enjoy the messages. Saturday and Sundays are rest days and no therapy takes place. So, it's a great time for mom to rest and gear up for work next week!

As a tribute to mom...go out and eat something yummy, maybe even a maple bar!




3 comments:

  1. Boise, you are one incredibly determined woman! Wow, and wow -- way to go - -each post from Stacy highlights another accomplishment and achievement - you are awesome!

    Keep pushing yourself -- don't give up or lose heart -- you are making such great strides!

    Love envelopes you -- and I-17 South is a parade of prayers and positivity.

    Donna/Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Boise:

    I am so proud of you. You have such courage. As I have always thought you had. A remarkable women all wrapped up in that sweet smile and tiny voice. I feel so much emotion when I read the blogs about you. I feel like we are all in this together. I am so sorry that you have suffered but so touched by all you have done to survive and in complete admiration of your husband and family. There are so many gifts in life. This experience will make them stand out in a way they have never been seen. I love you. I love your family. And I think your future will be filled with treasures just as it was for Bob and me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boise, you are such an amazing woman, with the courage and determination to face your challenges head on. We are so proud of you efforts and the positive news we read each day on your blog. Just know we think about you and your loving family each day with positive thoughts and lots of energy. Keep up the fight you will get through this.

    all our love mike and candy

    ReplyDelete